08 May 2009

Dennis Spinks


dwspinks@unwired.com.au

1960/61- Newcastle Teachers College
1962- commenced teaching at Canley Heights in Western Sydney
1965- married Judy.We have two adult children - Fiona in Sydney with Dwain and our three grandchildren,Zoe,Jasmin and Thijs Rod married to Kylie in Adelaide
1966-commenced a degree at UNE as an external student -completed 1974
1999-retired from teaching and began working in landscaping with a partner.
2000-03-completed a Certificate III in Horticulture and Landscaping at Richmond Tafe
2006- retiredfrom the workforce as a full time carerÊfor Judy who sadly passed away in October
2008 I spend as much time as I can at the van at Huskisson
Am a keen grower and collecter of Australian Orchids which I show at Parramatta District Orchid Society Enjoy a game of golf and walking my two border collies.

Some thoughts on MBHS

As a naive country boy who had not been away from the extended family environment at Chichester Dam(near Dungog) a modicum of fear and trepidation greeted me as I looked out for the first time on the 900 plus boys lined up on the quadrangle.I have fond memories of Foomph Evans,("that boy there"),ÊArthur Brownlea,Dave Evans and John Bloomfield. However,my 38 years of teaching was influenced greatly by the advise and example set by Russel Hodge. MBHS was a great character building experience which I will never forget. During the visit to the old school after the reunion a miriad of memories flooded back and are still now.

No comments:

Post a Comment